Free delivery for Klang Valley with purchase of RM75 and above
5 shallots, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cm ginger, sliced
3 Tbsp fish curry powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp tamarind paste
500 ml water
4 tbsp oil
½ tsp whole “fish” spices *
1 sprig curry leaves
1 round eggplant, cut into wedges
2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
400 - 500 g skate **, cut into 5 cm chunks
6 - 8 small ladies’ fingers, trimmed
1 green chili, split lengthwise,
80 ml F&N Evaporated Milk
Salt to taste
- Place shallots, garlic and ginger in electric blender with 4 tablespoons of water and whiz finely.
- Combine curry powder and chili powders with 5 tablespoons of water to make a paste, set aside.
- Squeeze tamarind pulp in water, discarding seeds and membranes.
- Heat oil and fry fish spices and curry leaves for 5 seconds. Add ground shallot/garlic/ginger and cook till fragrant. Stir in curry paste and cook over low heat for 6 – 8 minutes until well cooked.
- Add tamarind extract. Bring to boil and add eggplant and tomatoes. Simmer on medium heat for 6 minutes before adding fish, ladies’ fingers and green chili. Cook 5 minutes, add F&N Evaporated Milk and taste with salt.